Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Its time to give Plan B a whirl...

Oh yeah about the detox "lemonade" Diet (Master Cleanse) I lasted a day (24hrs). Yup! I have come to the conclusion that I have MUST have food in my life. Why did I ever think drinking a nothing but  fresh squeezed lemon juice, Organic maple syrup and cayenne pepper... I couldn't stand the taste of it! Have you ever drank cayenne pepper mixed with sweet lemonade? Try it and then get back to me on that one... To think that my master plan was to consume nothing but that for 10 days straight?
Fact of the matter is I FAILED that one big time.
Today my co-worker gave me another detox diet that sounds more like my style... Cause there is actual FOOD involved.
Plan B: The CABBAGE SOUP detox "diet"
So many things I already like about it and I haven't even started... So I figured I would share the recipe and my experience in making it all happen this evening.

CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE goes a little something like this-
 Shopping list:
*6 large green onions
*2 green peppers
*1 or 2 cans/jars of tomatoes (diced or whole)
*3 carrots
*1 container (10oz. or so) mushrooms 
*1 bunch of celery
*half a head of cabbage
*1 package spice only soup mix (liptons is a good choice)
*Season to taste with pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc. (Little to NO SALT)


Directions:
Slice green onions, put in a HUGE pot on medium heat and start to saute' with cooking  spray. Do this until the onions are whiter/clearer in color (about 4-6 minutes).
Saute' green onions... Yum!
Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces.
Green Bell Peppers fresh from my local Albertsons.lol
and add to pot.
Saute' onions and peppers.


 As you can see I used a whole cabbage... I heart cabbage, so I wanted extra in my soup.
I used a whole cabbage fresh from the produce at Albertsons too.
Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
Cabbage added... Yum!
Clean carrots (duh), mushrooms, and celery, cut into bite size pieces and toss them in.  Add tomatoes now, too.
Added carrots,mushrooms, celery and canned tomatoes.
If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of curry or cayenne pepper now. *I like a lil spice in my food life so I totally added the cayenne pepper*
Add the package spice only soup mix (liptons)

Use about 12 cups of water, cover and put heat on low. Let soup simmer for a long time- about 2 hours or until veggies are tender.
Cabbage soup smelling wonderful as it simmers.
I put the soup in containers so I can just grab and go in the mornings... This will be what I plan to eat for the next 7 days.
My lunch/dinner for the next 7 days.
I am way more excited and ready for this detox diet then the other one I attempted. I am still drinking the lemonade (minus the cayenne pepper) and drinking my "special" tea. Plan to drink these between eating the soups.
My beverages for the my everyday life.
Wish me luck ya'll, but I am thinking this is thee one I will stick with and I am excited to see the results.

Click here for more details on the cabbage-soup-diet










2 comments:

  1. how this did diet work out for you??
    im planing on starting it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I am very interested in if you have a lot of traffic on this journal?

    ReplyDelete